Saturday, March 17, 2007

New Exhibit at the Zoo...

Yes, we took the kids to the zoo, and I am pretty sure the other patrons there thought my lovely children were some part of the zoo. A special hybrid monkey/homosapian child species. We get there and they are all over the place, and we havent even made it to the ticket booth. It was there element...Chickens, Roosters, birds, peacocks, children...all running wild. My mom and dad both went to the head count was 4 adults, and 5 children...but with the way they were running around it was more like 4 adults and 37 children. They loved it though. We hadnt been there before (I had, but that was many many moons ago). They got such a kick out of the chickens, roosters, and the other chickens (aka pigeons) running around wild on the ground and eating the treats they gave them. We saw ostriches (one took a fancy to Parker, and I was sure he was going to be a snack). They were neat. They had 4 very large eggs in their nest. Then we saw a chimpanzee, but he was too good for us and wouldnt look our way at all..he had his back to us the whole time. We saw the world's fastest moving tortise. It was having a nice peaceful day in the sun until the kids got up close to it and then it high tailed it into its little habitat. I didnt realize they could run so fast. Learn something new everyday, I guess. We saw tons and tons of baby chicks running all around free, and Molly kept trying to pick one up and put it in the diaper bag...thats all I need...more poop to clean up. The tiger was super chatty today and was moaning like crazy, which apparently is her way of talking. I felt bad though...such a big cat and such a small cage. She was pacing back and forth, and I just wanted to get her and put her in the back of the van...but then I figured I probably couldnt show up at Petsmart with her looking for a litterbox and a collar for her. We also saw Wallabys and the kids thought they were kangaroos, so they were jumping around like kangaroos...There were a ton of different kinds of birds..the neatest one was the raven that would talk to you. Then we let the goats in the petting zoo to pet the kids...oops, wait, that's the other way around, right? The kids all thought that was hysterical...thank goodness no one from PETA was there..they would have curled up and died. Fun was had by all, but the zoo workers were oh so happy to see us go. We took pictures, but they are on my dad's camera, so I will have to share them later.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like a good morning! I have to be honest and say that I have avoided that place like the plague. I heard the cages were tiny and it wasn't kept very well. I am used to Lincoln Park Zoo and Brookfield Zoo when I grew up in Chicago. I don't think I have the heart to go to the Vegas Zoo (if you can call it that!) We could really freak them out and have all the triplet families go TOGETHER!? Sound like a plan?!

Oh! If you go to Anderson on Wed-Fri I might be able to go! I have classes on Monday and Tuesday. Thanks for the info!

Sara said...

Cathy,
We were going to go on Wed, but apparently that is the only day they dont do the tour. And since, its spring break they are totally booked that week, but I got us in on Thursday, 4/5 @ 2:30pm. Its free, and they give ice cream at the end. :)

laraine said...

I'm putting the Anderson Dairy tour on my calendar for April 5th!!. I'm looking forward to getting together with you guys.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.