Saturday, March 17, 2007

Go Me!!!

So, for anyone that knows me any kind of well...they would know that I have been dying for an iPod for like ever now. I just could NEVER EVER imagine spending $250 on myself like that. It wasnt a necessity, just something I wanted for me. Also, anyone that knows me any kind of well...they also know that I am super selfless when it comes to my kids. Probably safe to say that I am to selfless, if one can be that way. My kids get anything and everything they could want and need and then some. But an angel knew how good I have been, and my Mother's Day came a little early this year. Yesterday, my mom, my hubby, and my kids gave me an iPod. Needless, to say, I am over the moon. I feel all trendy now. Like I am part of the 21st century. Then today, I decided that I was tired of wearing the same clothes that dont fit (I have lost like 40+ lbs. in the past 14months or so...). So, I went over to Ross and bought myself 2 new super cute shirts and then I went to Target and proceeded to buy myself 2 pairs of the cutest shorts to go with my super cute shirts. I spent like $80 on just me...and that's a HUGE HUGE deal because I usually feel guilty if I buy myself a $5 book or a $8 shirt. I didnt feel guilty today...guess, I just needed to give myself a little TLC... Now, all I need is a hair cut, a pedicure and a maincure, and I will be a whole new woman!!!! LOL!! Anyways, just wanted to share. :)

1 comment:

laraine said...

Congratulations on all the TLC. I know what you mean about feeling guilty for doing things for yourself. I have a hard tim ewith that also. Also, kuddos to you for loosing so much weight - that is fantastic. How did you do it? Did you folow a specific diet or did you just do the most commonly recommended eat healty and exercise regimen? I need to loose some serious weight. I've gained ton of pounds since the hysterectomy and I needed to loose weight BEFORE the hysterectomy. I can't blame all the gain on the surgery - my eating habits have gone downhill and I don't get nearly the amount of exercise I should.